Director of Children's Ministry - Eugene, OR
Wesley United Methodist Church is seeking a person to serve as our Director of Children's Ministry.
Overall Position Description: We are seeking to hire a very special person who loves children, and has a HEART for GOD. We seek a person who will joyfully and cheerfully work within the church to bring a meaningful and rich learning experience to the children of our church, and offer them a strong foundation upon which to build their faith.
Description of work:
· Plan, develop, coordinate and implement an effective ministry to children of all ages, and the families of young children
· Plan, create & Teach Sunday school; make curriculum choices.
· Plan, create & implement after school activities
· Meet regularly with the pastor and/or staff to coordinate spiritual formation and family ministry with the total ministry of the church.
· Ensure that all workers and volunteers who come in contact with our children understand and are trained to deal consistently with our programs.
· Supervision of nursery attendants; oversee work scheduling; see that attendants are using best practices; that they complete training in nursery/school procedures.
· Assist in volunteer solicitation; supervise volunteers working with children; oversee work scheduling; see that volunteers are using best practices; and that they complete training in nursery/school procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Positive, “Can-Do” attitude, pro-active
· Ability to work closely with staff & Pastor, with strong cooperative spirit
· Strong, positive interpersonal skills; ability to supervise other people
· Creative, positive, energetic, self-starter, strong work ethic
Training & Experience:
· Teaching degree desired; other significant or relevant teaching experience may count in lieu of degree
· Track record of working successfully with children
· Seminary training desirable, not required
· Experience working within a ministry setting desired.
· Must consent to Criminal History and Background Check. Abuse Prevention and other specialized training will be provided and required.â€¨
Wesley United Methodist Church needs a strong, yet gentle person to joyfully claim our Children’s Ministry. We seek a person with the ability and drive to build meaningful programs for our children;energy, vision and creativity are necessities.
The position is part-time, with the possibility of expansion. This is a position that will challenge and energize you. Wesley Church is a very supportive environment, and pay is commensurate with experience.
Please send full resume with cover letter to our email address: email@example.com.
Contact: Lani Edenholm