Non Profit Status
Did you know, that as a Methodist Church, you are considered a non-profit and may qualify for discounts on software for your computers?
Why do you qualify?
Methodist churches are considered nonprofits with 501(c)3 status under the Federal Tax Exempt Group Ruling of 1974. Our GCFA (our parent organization) holds the ruling and is the proof of our exemption. An individual church that falls under this ruling will not appear within the IRS database because of this.
For proof of qualification, you will need the following documents:
- 1974 IRS Group Ruling Letter
Microsoft Office 365
- Get the latest office apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and OneNote for a very small subscription fee. (In 2016, it was $2,00 / user / month)
- Backup your files online and access Office apps through your smartphone or tablet
- Register with TechSoup and get a eligibility token
- Get the Google Office Suite for a very small subscription fee.