2021 Fall Charge Conferences
Here is what to expect about your Fall 2021 Charge Conferences:
- Online vs In-Person: We are currently scheduling Charge Conferences as in-person events. The surge in COVID-19 cases led by the particularly contagious Delta variant means there is a high chance that many congregations will have to gather over Zoom. Tim and Brandon will provide at least one week's notice about whether or not your Charge Conference is moving to Zoom.
- Agenda: The agenda is online here. Your Fall Charge Conference will be to fulfill the essential business as outlined in ¶246-247. We will also focus on Dismantling Racism, the pandemic, and disaster preparedness.
- Required Forms: The Clergy and Lay Compensation Worksheets will be available here on September 15th. The standard forms will once more be accessed through the Church Dashboard. For those with obstacles to accessing or completing online forms, printable PDFs are available upon request from the District Office.
- Report of the Trustees,
- Church Officers Contact List,
- 1st & 2nd Reading,
- Parsonage Report (as needed), and
- Safe Sanctuary Annual Policy Review.
- Additional Forms: DS Tim Overton-Harris is asking for several additional forms, all available in the Church Dashboard along with the required forms above:
- Church Profile (if you have not completed in the last two years, available on the left side of the Church Dashboard, but not in the Charge Conference Reports section),
- Most recent financial reports (email to Tim and Brandon)
- Report on Dismantling Racism,
- Report on Local Church Disaster Response & Preparedness,
- Report on the Pandemic, and
- The Future of the UMC (optional feedback).
If you have any questions, please reach out to Brandon in the District Office: 503.802.9227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.