- AC 2021 Reports and Videos
- AC 2021: Resources for connecting online
- AC Training & Information sessions
- AC 2021 Legislation & Rules
- 2020 AC Session Information
- AC 2019 Annual Conference Information
- AC 2018 Annual Conference Stories and Resources
- AC 2021 Additional Legislation
- AC 2021 Laity session info
- AC 2021 Legislative Consent Calendar A
- AC 2021 Legislative Consent Calendar B
AC 2021 Laity session info
The Oregon-Idaho Conference laity session met on Monday, June 14 and elected Paul Nickell as the lay leader for the next quadrennium, beginning July 1.
During the same meeting, the lay members voted to make Sarah Richard associate lay leader of The Oregon-Idaho Conference, beginning July 1. Read more about Paul and Sarah below, as they will be introduced during the plenary session
Oregon-Idaho Conference lay leader candidates announced
Paul Nickell, a member of Portland First United Methodist Church, is running to fill the seat of Oregon-Idaho Conference lay leader. He is retired after spending years as a reporter, editor and publisher. Read Paul's answers to questions from the Board of Lay Ministries.
Sarah Richard, a member of Hillsboro First United Methodist Church, is running to fill the seat of Oregon-Idaho Conference lay leader. She is a humanities teacher in the Portland area. Read Sarah's answers to questions from the Board of Lay Ministries.
Nominations will be accepted on the "floor" of laity session
Though Nickell and Richard have both submitted their forms as nominees to be elected as the Oregon-Idaho Conference Lay Leader, per Conference rules, nominations will be accepted from the "floor" of the laity session - in this case from the Zoom webinar where the meeting will be held. Details on how to get recognized and how voting will occur will be made known to Annual Conference lay members during the session.