AC 2022 Legislation & Rules
Legislation considered in 2022
The Oregon-Idaho Conference Legislative Assembly met on April 29 and April 30, 2022, via Zoom to review legislation presented and forward on recommendations which will be acted upon by Annual Conference members during the plenary session scheduled for June 23, 2022, via Zoom.
Those members of Legislative Assembly present and voting included on April 29 and 30th included: Paul Nickell, Sarah Richard, Steve Mitchell, Teri Watanabe, John Tucker, Mark Batement, June Fothergill, Fungalei Taufoou, Laura Beville, Tom Orquiza-Renardo, Dawn Chastler, David Childress, Warren Light, Brenda SEne, Mike Conner, Sharon Bryan, Carol Evans, Wendy Woodworth, Christy Dirren, Chris Mitchell and Mariano Estrada.
By rule the Annual Conference highly values the representative composition of the Legislative Assembly. Specifically, the membership of the Legislative Assembly “...shall be representative of the Annual Conference as a whole, with effort made to balance gender, age, ethnic and national origin, theological perspective, and socioeconomic location (rule 2.024).”
A good faith effort was made to achieve these representative goals, and the membership of 2022 Legislative Assembly did include many individuals of diverse gender, age, ethnic and national origin, theological perspective, and socioeconomic location.
Several members of the Legislative Assembly were not able to participate or had resigned their positions, in response to extenuating circumstances and/or the extended term of service beyond the quadrennium.
The conference Nominations Committee shall continue to work with District Superintendents, committee chairpersons, and other leaders to continue to make progress in the diverse composition of the Legislative Assembly.
Legislation as it appears on the AC 2022 agenda (June 23)
Consent Calendar A (requires majority vote)
- Action Request #2: Support the Christmas Covenant Legislation
- Action Request #5: Call for a Jurisdictional Episcopacy Study Committee
- Action Request #6: Call for an Episcopal Transitional Class
- Action Request #7: Amend the Clergy Housing Standards and Policy
- Action Request #8: New Ministerial Education Fund Policy
Consent Calendar B (requires 2/3 vote)
- Standing Resolution #1: Aligning Investments with our Values
- Standing Resolution #5: Standing Up for Inclusion
New Standing Resolutions (requires 2/3 vote)
- Standing Resolution #2: Affirming and Celebrating All Transgender Children of God
- Standing Resolution #4: A Call to Civility
- Standing Resolution #6: We are UMC
- Standing Resolution #7: Advocating for Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Standing Resolution #8: Equitable Distribution of COVID Vaccines
Additional legislation for consideration
- Action Request #1: Identifying and Opposing Apartheid in the Holy Land
- Action Request #4: Fulfilling our Baptismal Vows to Children of Clergy
- Action Request #9: Amend the Sexual Ethics Policy for Clergy
- Standing Resolution #3: Support Disaffiliation for the Cause of Full Inclusion (requires 2/3 vote)