Coca Cola Gets it Right
Coca Cola Gets It Right
Coca Cola gets it right? This may be the only time you will get me to say such a thing. But, in this case it’s true. A fantastic short video has been making the rounds on the internet. I first saw it via one of my favorite daily bloggers, Katya Andresen of Katya’s Non-Profit Marketing Blog.
Take two minutes of your day to be inspired. Here’s the link.
The ad is called “Coca Cola: Let’s Go Crazy for Good.” And our churches, all over the world are doing equally crazy things for good. That’s an inspiring story that needs to be shared. Here are some ideas to get your word out:
- Hand a video camera to some of your youth to capture your outreach efforts. Post it on YouTube and send links to your neighbors and city officials.
- During worship, bring in someone who uses your church on a regular basis (AA, pre-school, Habitat, exercise group) to tell the impact your church has on his or her group.
- Develop a flier of pictures highlighting your church’s work – send it to your local newspaper.
- Take pictures of people doing great work in the community and post them on Facebook (as always, make sure you get parents’ permission for young children to have their photos included).
- Show the Coca Cola video in church and see what it inspires people to do.
Perhaps, nothing says “Go Crazy for Good” better than Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message):
Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.
Let me know what “crazy” things you are doing for good and for God!