- Cascadia District
- Columbia District
- Crater Lake District
- Sage District
The Cascadia District consists of 47 congregations and two Hispanic Fellowships, stretching from the north Oregon coast to the high desert of Eastern Oregon. A defining geographical feature of this entire region is the Cascade Mountain Range, which has a profound influence on the physical and social life across the region. "Cascadia" refers to the whole region, a diverse set of local communities which have in common being impacted by the mountains. Likewise, the congregations which make up the Cascadia District are contextually diverse expressions of our common faith in Christ and our shared United Methodist heritage.
Cascadia District Annual Gathering
- We have a tradition of gathering for a meal and meeting at the Annual Conference Session. Because the AC Session is virtual again this year, we will hold a virtual Cascadia District Gathering. It will be Wednesday, June 2nd, at 7 p.m. You can see some details and find the registration link by clicking here.
- We would like to feature local church ministries which have gone on during this pandemic year. If you have a ministry you'd like to share, please send one photo and a couple of sentences describing it to Linda at email@example.com not later than the morning of Wednesday, May 26th. Thank you!
DS Wendy's Sermons for Local Church Use
- The latest addition to Wendy's sermon library for local church use is on the text of John 3: 1-17, the story of Nicodemus, the Revised Common Lectionary Gospel reading for May 30, 2021. Check it out by clicking here.
The 2021 AC Session will be virtual again. Registration is now open for lay and clergy members. You can find the registration link and other needed information (including the schedule) at www.umoi.org/ac. Check back there often for updates!
- In addition to clergy members, and lay members from local churches, Cascadia District has several district "equalization" lay members of AC. If you are a youth, young adult, college student, or ethnic minority member of one of our local churches and you would like to be involved with the 2021 AC Session, let us know! Learn more details about the requirements and responsibilities of these positions at the "Cascadia District Equalization Members" link in the left-hand menu, and then contact Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hired Hope Montgomery to provide consultation to local churches for online worship and small group ventures through the end of May. She's no longer available to consult individually, but . . .
Check out the library of resources she has created at the "Cascadia District Online Church Life Resources" link in the left-hand menu.
- See the GNW Area webpage https://greaternw.org/coronavirus/ New guidelines were issues in mid-May 2021, Stepping Forward Safely in Love and Trust.
- See a curated list of resources on the district site at https://www.umoi.org/resources-for-a-time-of-pandemic
We're on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CascadiaDistrict
Rev. Wendy Woodworth
Phone: (503) 581-3969
Phone: (503) 581-3969
Cascadia District Office
680 State St., Suite 200
Salem, OR 97301
(Office is on the 2nd floor of the Micah Building)
Office Phone: (503) 581-3969
Fax: (503) 480-7599
Oregon-Idaho Annual Conference Sessions 6/21/2021
Cascadia District Retiree Colloquy 7/12/2021