- Cascadia District Colloquy
- Cascadia District Fall Charge Conferences
- Cascadia District Church Extension Society
- Cascadia All-District Fall Event 2018
- Cascadia District Apportionments
- Cascadia District Local Church Assessments
- Cascadia District Micro-Grants: New Places for New People
- Praying for One Another
Cascadia District Micro-Grants: New Places for New People
At the 2018 Annual Conference Session in Boise, Idaho, District Superintendent Tim Overton-Harris gave a check for $500 to each congregation and ministry setting in the Cascadia District. These micro-grants, funded by the Cascadia District Church Extension Society, are meant to challenge and support churches to create new places for new people.
As with any grant, there are expectations, stipulations, and reports! Here they are:
The church or ministry setting may accept or not accept the grant. Grants may be combined with another group.
If the grant is accepted:
- The money will be used for doing something new, something the church or ministry setting is not already doing.
- The money will be used to do something which will target people not already an active part of your faith community
- The money will be used to do something that could serve as a gateway into deeper involvement in your faith community
- You will evaluate the project and what you have learned from it.
If the grant is not accepted:
- You will return the $500 to the Cascadia District Extension Society no later than December 31, 2018.
Timelines and reports:
- Give an update on your plans to DS Tim Overton-Harris by your 2018 annual fall charge conference. See guidelines for this report here.
- Submit your written proposal for the use of funds or a written explanation of why your congregation did not accept the grant to DS Tim Overton-Harris by December 31, 2018
- Submit an update on your project to DS Tim Overton-Harris by May 15, 2019
- Complete your project, do an evaluation and make a report at your 2019 annual fall charge conference.