Children's Ministries Director
At Oregon City UMC, we are a reconciling congregation that is inclusive and affirming to all persons. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic person to minister with school aged children and their families. The Children’s Ministries Director is responsible to develop, organize and expand education opportunities for the church’s Children’s programs and events in collaboration with the Pastor and volunteers. The Children's Ministries Director is supervised by the Pastor and accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Team (SPRT).
Safe Sanctuaries – Our church’s policy, through Safe Sanctuaries, is to protect children, youth and vulnerable adults in our care. This policy also protects members of our congregation who work with them from false allegations of abuse. The Children's Ministries Director will abide by and support the principles and guidelines of our Safe Sanctuaries Policy and work with the Safe Sanctuaries Team to ensure compliance.
Hours: 10 hours per week to start
Pay: $15 per hour
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote Sunday School Classes attendance and growth.
- Recruit teachers and volunteers, including training and evaluation.
- Choose and procure curriculum consistent with United Methodist Theology
- Prepare classrooms for instruction.
- Coordinate, recruit volunteers and oversee Vacation Bible School and other special events - such as Kid’s Night Out, Christmas Program, Easter Party, etc.
- Maintain contact with children and their families.
- Work with the Worship Design Team to regularly schedule participation of children during worship (song, readings, prayer, etc.)
- Coordinate with the nursery staff.
- Work with a team to develop programming for elementary children transitioning to older Christian Education programs.
- Attend worship services regularly and participate in the life of the church.
- Explore new program and event ideas and reenergize established events.
- Handle written and verbal communication in a professional and respectful manner and always maintain a professional attitude.
- Submit articles and information for newsletter, bulletin and website in a timely manner.
- Be a team builder and cooperate with and assist volunteer workers.
- Maintain confidentiality of written and verbal communication.
- Respect the staff, leadership and church members of the Oregon City United Methodist Church.
- Maintain and model, by behavior and example, Christian lifestyle and values
- Oversee and stay within the Christian Education yearly budget.
- Manage weekly schedule to allow for meetings and extra time needed for special events.
Contact: Thomas Orquiza-Renardo
Address: 18955 S South End Rd Oregon City OR 97045
Email: Click to email