Stories are powerful….and the voices that share them need to be heard…
You are invited to gather with other laity of the Columbia District for a NEW! ABBREVIATED! ON-LINE, REAL-TIME sharing of The Story of Us
Originally scheduled for March 14th, this gathering will be held on Saturday, May 16th from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on Zoom. All registrants will be sent a link to the zoom call and can join the event beginning at 9:45 am on the 16th.
Jesus used the story of the mustard seed to tell us that even the smallest thing has more potential than we can imagine. What have you seen, heard, or experienced that symbolizes this parable.
Stories are powerful….
- Jesus taught using stories
- Stories are the essence of who we are
- A story shared becomes part of the listeners’ story when it connects to a value, emotion, or memory
We invite you to:
- Share a story of something small in your life becoming something big
- Share a story of something seemingly insignificant in your congregation that grew into something you did not imagine
We want to know:
- Especially in these difficult days, what draws you to God and your church?
- What common stories or values do we share?
Just as a tiny mustard seed, though seemingly insignificant, grows into something big…Our stories woven together become our new beginning -
The Story of Us
Columbia District Lay Development Team
For more information, please contact Lydiahenry626@gmail.com