Health Care Reform
Welcome to the Oregon-Idaho Conference Health Care Reform Webpage!
1. A summary of the Notice Requirement to help you understand it (Health Care Reform for UMC Local Churches: Required Notice to All Employees).
2. A copy of the template forms from the U.S. Department of Labor —Choose the form that best suits your situation as an employer: [Since all of our churches provide health insurance to clergy appointed three-quarter time or more (whether they have such a pastor or not), we believe form a. below is the best to use.]
a. The Form for an employer that provides health insurance coverage to some employees, [We have provided a Completed Sample Form for you.] or
b. The Form for an employer that does not provide any health coverage to employees.
3. A guidelines summary to help you complete the template form (ACA Notice Requirement Helpful Hints for Local Churches).
4. An optional letter that your church can send to its clergy and lay employees with the Notice (Sample Exchange Notice Cover Letter).
- General Board of Pension and Health Benefit’s health care reform web page
- General information about health care reform
- Information about Your Health Idaho (Idaho's Health Insurance Marketplace)
- Information about Cover Oregon (Oregon's Health Insurance Marketplace)