LATE ITEMS - From Legislative Assembly, June 12, 2019
- AR-6: Directive for Complaint Process and Use of Reserve Funds
- AR-7: Aligning our Apportionments with our Values (substitution of original AR7)
- AR-9: Study Committee for Disaffiliation and Special Annual Conference Session
- AR-10: Open Door Churches Large Parish Cooperative Ministry
- SR-6: Standing up for Inclusion
- SR-7: Standing With United Methodists Seeking Love and Justice For All
- AR-11: Convene Special WJ Conference New!
- AR-12: Connectional Resources Analysis New!
- AR-13: Study Committee on Communication New!
- AR-14: Worldwide Press Release New!
(Right click and "save link as .." to download these items)
Legislative Items go though a two part process:
- First, they were reviewed by the Legislative Assembly when it met April 27 in Lake Oswego.
- Second, the Annual Conference session will take final action on all items. This may be done individually or by using a consent calendar to approve or disapprove items that were given recommendations by 90% or more of the Legislative Assembly members.
You can view or download the action requests and standing resolutions below. To read the individual items or packages you will need the Adobe Reader program or equivalent software. You can download it for free from this site.
(Hint: If you have problems opening a file, download it first by RIGHT clicking on your mouse and saving the file to your computer.)
Bundle of all legislative items
(a PDF flie of all legislative items, formatted for double sided printing or viewing on a PC or mobile device)
Note: There will be a "Handbook" for Annual Conference that contains all reports and legislation. Find it in the downloads section of the AC home page.
Items as reveiwed by Legislative Assembly in addtion the Legislative Assembly reviewed AR's AR #4,6, and 7 and AR #5. They also reviewed SR#8 and recomended it be an Action request (AR#8). (Available here as a reference item-Download the bundle above to prepare for AC.)
AR #1 Safe Sanctuaries
AR #5 Alaska Special Sunday
General Conference Petition
SR #3 A Call to Civility
SR #4 Middle East Conflicts
The process for legislation is controlled by the rules of the Annual Conference. For legislation to be reviewed by the Legislative Assembly, it must be submitted by March 29, 2019.
Conference rules allows for late submissions, with a different process. See Conference rule 2.042 and contact the legislative co-coordinators, Rev. Ruth Marsh (email@example.com) and/or Rev. Adam Briddell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
DOWNLOAD the Action Request Form (MS Word)
DOWNLOAD the Standing Resolution Form (MS Word)
(Right click and "Save as ..." or "Save link as ..." to save documents on your computer.)