Starting & Sustaining Community Gardens for Success
The Greater Northwest Area Abundant Health ministries is hosting a presentation on community gardens on Tuesday, Jan. 24 from 6 to 7 p.m. PST (5 p.m. Alaska, 7 p.m. MST). The featured speaker will be Tom Kroen from Tualatin United Methodist Church in Oregon.
Tom serves as a team leader for the Community Garden located at Tualatin United Methodist Church which contains both plots for individual families and a large garden that provides fresh produce to the local food pantry.
Tom will share with you:
- What to consider when starting a Community Garden at your church
- What resources are needed at the beginning and long term
- Determining what to grow in the food pantry garden
- Tips on managing individual family plots
- Opportunities to engage support in your community
- Pitfalls, Prospects, and Opportunities