Disaster Kit collection challenge for Annual Conference
Disaster kits are needed in the Oregon-Idaho Conference! You are invited to assemble disaster kits for Annual Conference this year. Specifically, Cleaning Buckets and Hygiene Kits. Help to encourage other churches with a challenge—set a goal and ask them to match it.
The Oregon-Idaho Conference now has six disaster storage & distribution centers:
- Cascadia—Trinity, Salem and Bend UMC
- Columbia—Hermiston, Rainier and St. Helens UMCs
- Sage—Nampa Southside UMC
With that in mind, we need to stock our centers! You can help do that! The most requested kits have been Hygiene Kits and Cleaning Buckets. So, let’s put some together and be ready for whatever comes our way.
These kits need to be complete! Directions and content lists can be found here: Hygiene Kits, Cleaning Buckets.
Once complete and, in the case of Hygiene Kits, packed in labeled boxes, you have 2 choices:
- Bring them to Annual Conference at Meridian UMC.
- Send a picture of your kits along with the total numbers to Louise. She will also provide information about transferring your kits to the Storage Center closest to you.
- accept donated kits at Annual Conference,
- and, volunteers to transport kits to storage centers.