For clergy and lay assigned leaders: Wondering about ethics requirements for 2023?
There are changes afoot! If you remember the ethics policy changes from the 2022 Annual Conference, you’ll know that you will have three requirements, which are just a bit different from the past:
- Disclosure Form
- This is now a biennial rather than annual form, and will include a statement asking you to affirm that you have read the Sexual Ethics Policy for Clergy and Lay Pastoral Leaders in the previous two weeks. It will be due in May.
- Background check
- This will happen biennially, in May.
- Take a Healthy Boundaries Workshop, approved by the Board of Ordained Ministry
- The workshop for the 2021-2024 quadrennium can be fulfilled anytime online through The Lewis Center:
- This is a quadrennial requirement; you have until Dec. 31, 2024, to complete it.
- Contact your district administrator if you’re not sure whether you’ve already fulfilled the Healthy Boundaries requirement for this quadrennium.
- You can apply for MEF monies to cover the cost of the course.
Stay tuned for more details! And in the meantime, blessings on your Lenten journey.