Items being collected for UMCOR West Depot starting Oct. 15
Starting October 15, local volunteer Steve Matthews will be traveling through Oregon and Idaho to pick up supplies to deliver to the United Methodist Committee on Relief west depot in Salt Lake City. Matthews will pick up supplies from collection point churches (listed below).
Churches are encouraged to collect supplies for the sewing room at the West Depot.
UMCOR West Depot coordinator Brian Diggs said the sewing room continues to be a vital part of the United Methodist mission in Utah around the west.
The following items are needed for the sewing room:
- blankets for Homeless Designed for Multiple uses (3X6 with quilt batting, dimensions and pictures available upon request)
- Camping pillows
- Drawstring shorts (pattern: Simplicity no. 1520 – use the longer length of the pattern)
- Plastic mats for the homeless (created out of recycled grocery store plastic bags. See the video on YouTube.
- One-inch elastic (used for making shorts)
- Twin-sized quilt tops or backing for homeless youth shelter.
Supplies should be delivered to the following collection point churches before October 15.
- Newman UMC in Grants Pass. Office hours, Monday – Thursday.
- Ebbert Memorial in Springfield. Office hours, Monday – Friday.
- Coburg UMC. Office hours, Tuesday and Thursday.
- Trinity UMC in Salem. Office hours, Monday – Thursday.
- Lake Oswego. Office hours, Monday – Thursday.
- Rainier UMC. Email email@example.com for office hours.
- Tabor Heights UMC Portland. Office hours, Monday – Thursday.
- LaGrande UMC. Office hours, Monday – Thursday.
- Caldwell UMC (Idaho). Office hours, Monday – Thursday.
- Boise First UMC (Cathedral of the Rockies). Office hours, Monday – Sunday.
- Pocatello UMC. Contact church for office hours: firstname.lastname@example.org.