Western Jurisdiction Conference Secretaries for Global Ministries gather
Conference Secretaries for United Methodist Global Ministries from the Western Jurisdiction gathered together February 28-March 1, in Mill Valley, California, along with the California-Nevada Conference and Global Ministries staff members. The Conference Secretaries for Global Ministries (CSGM) are lay and clergy who promote relationships between annual conferences and Global Ministries. The CSGM has the important role of educating, connecting and partnering with local churches to share information about missionaries and mission projects through the General Board of Global Ministries. The goal of the relationships is to garner support through prayer, emotional support and donations. Global Ministries is the United Methodist Church's Mission Agency which focuses on four main areas: missionaries, global health, United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), and evangelism and church growth. To find out more information about Global Ministries please visit the website at www.umcmission.org or talk with your local CSGM.
Topics Covered in the Retreat Included:
- Missio Dei (Latin for Mission of God) is invitational, God invites the church to be in mission and ministry as part of God's work in this world
- Recognizing churches for their ongoing support is an important element in mission education
- CSGMs are most successful when working on conference wide committees or task forces
- Supporters of Global Ministries make an incredible difference in the lives of people living in locations all over the world
- Covenant Partnership is a powerful way local churches can be invited into a relationship with a missionary
CSGMs are currently working on missionary itineration. There are over 40 missionaries form Global Ministries traveling to the United States to connect and to share with the local churches this year. If you would like to be in contact with a missionary for your local church, please contact the CSGM for your conference.
CSGM for Oregon-Idaho: Rev. Jim Frisbie (email@example.com)