- Our Bishop
- Conference and Area Staff
- Conference Leadership
- Conference Journal
- Jurisdictional & General Conference Connection
- Agencies and Institutions Directory
- Archives and History
- Western Jurisdiction of The United Methodist Church
- The United Methodist Church (International Website)
- Policies and Guidelines
- Contact Us
Tuell, Jack M.
Tuell, Jack M.
Bishop Jack Marvin Tuell
November 14, 1923 - January 10, 2014
Bishop Jack M. Tuell, retired Bishop, pastor and beloved spouse of Marjorie Beadles Tuell, died on January 10, 2014. He is survived by Marji at: 816 S. 216th St #637, Des Moines, WA 98198. He is also survived by their three children: Jacqueline T. Joday of Chippewa Falls, WI; Cynthia D. Tuell of Upland, CA; and James Knowles-Tuell of Delmar, New York.
Ordained in the PNW Conference, Reverend Jack and Marji Tuell served the Pacific Northwest Conference at Everett: Grace; Tacoma: Lakewood; as Puget Sound District Superintendent; and Vancouver: First. In 1972, Rev. Jack Tuell was elected Bishop and assigned to the Portland Episcopal Area from 1972 - 1980, followed by the Los Angeles Episcopal Area from 1980-1992. He retired in 1992 after many years of service.
There will be two services to celebrate the life and ministry of Bishop Jack M. Tuell:
- Saturday, January 25, 2014 at 2:30 p.m. in the Wesley Terrace Auditorium, located on the campus of Wesley Homes, 816 South 216th St., Des Moines, WA 98198. Parking will be available in the far back parking lot of the Conference Center, located behind the Terrace Building on the north side of 216th Street.
- Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 2:30 p.m. in the sanctuary of Des Moines United Methodist Church, located at 22225 9th Ave. S., Des Moines, WA 98198. Church phone number is 206-878-8301.
- Pacific Northwest Conference Board of Pensions January 13, 2014
Read more about Bishop Tuell in this article, and his official biography.