- Are You Called?
- Candidacy: Starting Out
- Candidacy: Moving Toward Provisional Membership
- Provisional Members
- Licensed Local Pastors
- Ministers of Other Denominations
- Orders and Fellowship
- BOM Officers & Contacts
- District Committees on Ordained Ministry
- Ministerial Education Fund (MEF)
- Certified Lay Ministry
- Clergy Wellness
- DCOM Tips and Tricks
- Deacon Appointments
Orders and Fellowship
There shall be in each annual conference an Order of Deacons and an Order of Elders. All persons ordained as clergy in The United Methodist Church upon election to full membership in the annual conference shall be members of and participate in an order appropriate to their election. An order is a covenant community within the church to mutually support, care for, and hold accountable its members for the sake of the life and mission of the church. These orders, separately or together, seek to respond to the spiritual hunger among clergy for a fulfilling sense of vocation, for support among peers during this stressful time of change in the Church, and for a deepening relationship with God. (¶ 306, 2016 Book of Discipline)
Persons shall become members of the Order of Deacons or Order of Elders following their election to full membership in the annual conference. Acceptance of the status of full membership will constitute a commitment to regular participation in the life of the order. (¶ 309.1, 2016 Book of Discipline)
Each annual conference shall organize a Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members. All licensed local pastors and associate members shall be members of and participate in the Fellowship. The Fellowship will provide mutual support for its members for the sake of the life and mission of the church. (¶ 323, 2016 Book of Discipline)
Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members
Chair: Deena Wolfe
2022 Orders/Fellowship Gathering
TOGETHER WE SERVE, UNITED IN LOVE
October 11 (5:00 pm) – October 13 (noon)
A Gathering of Rest and Fellowship at Bend UMC
We all serve in ministry together and hope for a full gathering of…
- The Fellowship of Licensed Local Pastors, Associate Members, and Certified Lay Ministers
- The Order of Deacons
- The Order of Elders
- Other clergy and laity currently serving under appointment or assignment in OR-ID
Tuesday at 5:30 ~ Dinner
We will recognize Bishop Stanovsky, and all those who have retired during the Covid years.
Free Time Wednesday Afternoon
Free time will include recreational and/or service opportunities. This will be a much-needed time for all of us to connect and be in fellowship with one another.
- Cost of event: $40 (includes Tuesday dinner)
- The registration form will be available here as soon as it is ready.
- You are encouraged to make your hotel/motel accomodations as soon as possible.
- Accommodations at Suttle Lake United Methodist Camp, in Wesley Meadow Lodge, will also be available. Contact the camp directly by email or phone (541-595-6663), or Holly Dolan in the conference office by email or phone (503-802-9214).
For more information about this event, contact: