- OR-ID Conference Requirements
- Safe Sanctuary Abuse Prevention Policy for Conference and District Events
- Policy Template and Forms
- Definitions used in Safe Sanctuaries Template
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Screening Procedures: Background Checks and Voluntary Disclosure
- Guidelines for Guests - Multi-lingual
- Training Resources
- Teaching about Abuse (age appropriate curriculum)
- Worship Resources
OR-ID Conference Requirements
Updates made to the Safe Sanctuaries Abuse Prevention Policy In 2014 are intended to simplify the process of providing a safe community, while offering more resource to the local church.
The following list shows how to fulfill local ministry requirements:
- All local ministries are required to have an Abuse prevention policy and submit it each year to the District office.
- Local ministries are encouraged to use the Policy Template to fulfill the requirement.
- The Safe Sanctuaries Abuse Prevention Policy Template includes all the minimum standards for abuse prevention in the Oregon-Idaho Annual Conference.
- The Template is easy to use. It can be downloaded and the blanks filled in by hand or it can be saved to the computer and filled in. (see the Policy Template page for further instructions)
- If the ministry desires to add material, it can be added by use of a printed section, entitled, “Addendum” at the end of the policy.
- Churches are not encouraged to create additional material, but may submit it with their policy.
- Local ministries may opt out of using the Policy Template by submitting an alternative policy.
- The District Office, with resource and support by the Oregon-Idaho Conference Safe Sanctuaries Team, will check each policy for compliance with the minimum standards as set forth in the Policy Template. Nonconforming policies will be noted and local ministries advised to update.
- ALSO, please use the forms provided on the menu item (left), “Policy Template and Forms” The forms are required for use by the Annual Conference.