- OR-ID Conference Requirements
- Safe Sanctuary Abuse Prevention Policy for Conference and District Events
- Local Church Policy Template and Forms
- Definitions used in Safe Sanctuaries Template
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Screening Procedures: Background Checks and Voluntary Disclosure
- Guidelines for Guests - Multi-lingual
- Training Resources
- Teaching about Abuse (age appropriate curriculum)
- Worship Resources
Screening Procedures: Background Checks and Voluntary Disclosure
Conference minimum standards for background checks and screening include the following:
All adults, volunteer or staff persons, who have regular and direct contact with children, youth, and vulnerable adults shall be required to complete an application including voluntary disclosure of information including legal name and other names previously used, date of birth, and voluntary disclosure of any convictions of abusive behavior.
Minimum background screenings shall include: a) Reference checks from application form. b) State or National criminal background checks.
Sample Voluntary Disclosure Form
Trak-1 Background Check Information
The Oregon-Idaho Conference Board of Trustees has made arrangements for local churches to do background checks at a discounted rate. Each church will need to complete a customer service agreement with Trak-1 Technology, but start-up costs will be waived and only the cost of the report will be charged to the church. For more information, you can contact Trak-1 at (800) 600-8999.
Click Here to go directly to the United Methodist page on the Trak-1 website and begin the process. Once a service agreement is received and account is set-up, Trak•1 will contact you and will provide you with online user instructions generally within 24 hours of receipt. If you have any questions, please contact Dena.Brickey@universalbackground.com or call 800-600-8999.