- OR-ID Conference Requirements
- Safe Sanctuary Abuse Prevention Policy for Conference and District Events
- Local Church Policy Template and Forms
- Definitions used in Safe Sanctuaries Template
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Screening Procedures: Background Checks and Voluntary Disclosure
- Guidelines for Guests - Multi-lingual
- Training Resources
- Teaching about Abuse (age appropriate curriculum)
- Worship Resources
Oregon-Idaho Training Resources
- Safe Sanctuaries 101 Training Guide
- Based on the Oregon-Idaho Annual Conference Policy
- This guide/workbook is designed to help individuals or teams understand the Oregon/Idaho Safe Sanctuaries policy. It contains scenarios for teams to discuss.
- Oregon-Idaho Annual Conference Safe Sanctuaries Abuse Prevention Policies Pre-test and Post-test
- This short quiz is a good way to become familiar with the Oregon-Idaho Safe Sanctuaries policy. It can be taken at anytime as part of a training or refresher. Answers to the test are found at the bottom of the document.
- Video of July 18, 2021 Safe Sanctuaries Online Training
The information on this video covers the topic of abuse. Please note that this may be difficult to hear. We urge you to take care of your needs.
To access the video, you will need to contact the Administrative Assistant for your District:
Cascadia firstname.lastname@example.org 503-581-3969
Columbia email@example.com 503-802-9277
Crater Lake firstname.lastname@example.org 541-689-3725
Sage email@example.com 208-537-3683
Click here for a link to the presentation slides by Patrick Lemmon from the training.
Upcoming Training - September 28, 2021
Because we know that the topics and questions around Safe Sanctuaries are numerous, we are offering a 2-hour class that will introduce participants to a broad discussion using the book, "Safe Sanctuaries - Reducing the Risk of Abuse in the Church for Children and Youth", by Joy Thornburg Melton who is an “attorney, pastor, and author. Her book outlines a process for developing policies and procedures to recognize and reduce the risk of abuse in the church.” -- the Upper Room
Morning Session, September 28th – 10:00 am to 12:00 pm PDT
Evening Session, September 28th – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm PDT
You will receive a reading guide to prepare for the class a week prior to the class.
Discipleship Ministries United Methodist Church
- Safe Sanctuaries - Discipleship Ministries United Methodist Church
- The Discipleship website has several videos available for training
- "Safe Sanctuaries - Reducing the Risk of Abuse in the Church for Children and Youth", by Joy Thornburg Melton
Darkness to Light is a website with many resources related to preventing abuse.